1、putting forward your own opinions 提出自己的想法。
you should take the advice of your teacher你应该听老师的话?
that's just what i was looking for那正是我所期待的。
it might be, i suppose我想可能是这样。
good try, but not quite right是个很好的尝试,但并不完全正确。
that's rather disappointing真是让人失望。
in my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money我认为你的外套不值得这么多钱。
would you mind not spitting everywhere? 不要随地吐痰行吗?
it's only a suggestion, you don't have to take it这只是一个建议,你可以不听。
if you really want my advice i don't think you should quit school.如果你真想听我的意见,我想你不应该退学。
thanks for your advice but i have to consider it myself谢谢你的建议,但我得自己想想。
he does not pay attention to anybodyyou are wasting your time in persuading him.他谁的话也不听,你劝他是在浪费时间。
i am old enough to make up my own mind我已经长大了,可以自己拿主意了。
your work seems not satisfactory你的工作看起来并不令人满意。
what about your opinion? 你怎么想?
i generally agree with you我大体上同意你的看法。
2、talking about feelings 叙述感受
you look radiant tonight你今晚真是光彩照人。
it was a terrible experience那是一次可怕的经历。
i am on top of the world我高兴到了极点。
the dinner was wonderful晚餐棒极了。
the christmas tree is gorgeous圣诞树真华美。
what a boring movie it is! 多么无聊的一场电影啊。
how can he give us such a tedious lecture! 他怎么能做这么沉闷乏味的演讲。
how fragrant the flowers are! 这些花真香!
the party is making too much noise这次聚会太吵了。
you look elegant in that dress你穿这条裙子显的很漂亮。
the coat doesn't suit you这件外衣不太适合你。
his flattery makes me sick他的恭维让我恶心。
we had a good time我们玩的很开心。
we enjoyed ourselves very much我们玩的很开心。
i am bored to death我无聊死了。
3、looking for a house 寻找住房
this house is for rent此房出租。
it's really a bargain租金很便宜。
i want to rent a furnished house我想要有家具的房子。
that house is for saleit has central heating此房出售,房子里有供暖设备。
what kind of furniture do you like? 你喜欢什么样的家具?
this is a rather old houseit needs painting这房子挺旧的,得刷一下才行。
i want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen我想要一套有两间卧室和一个厨房的公寓。
the houses downtown are very expensive市区的房子很贵。
how much is the rent for a month? 每月租金多少?
i feel at home living herethe landlady is very kind to me我觉得住在这里象在家里一样。房东太太对我很好。
we have a few kitchen things and a dining room set我们有一些厨房用具和一套餐厅设备。
there's no gas range in the kitchen, but you can use the electric stove.厨房里没有煤气灶,但你可以用电炉。
there is a shower in the bathroom浴室里有淋浴器。
i have a dog, but it's very quiet我有一只狗,不过它很安静。
the room has a big closetyou can put your baggage in it房间里有一个很大的壁橱,你可以把你的行李放进去。
4、about things in the future 考虑将来可能从事的活动
i want to be a journalist after graduation毕业后我想当记者。
if it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic如果明天不下雨,我们就去野餐。
as soon as he comes, we'll let him know他一来,我们就告诉他。
you can stay as long as you pay the rent on time只要你按时交房租,你就能住这儿。
when she leaves, he'll cry for a day她走时,他会哭一天。
she will go into business when she likes to她想经商时就会去经商。
i'll leave for london if i finish my work today如果我今天完成工作,我就会去伦敦。
i'll work for years and then go back to school我会工作五年,然后会学校。
he will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing.如果他仍写的这么好的话,他将成为一个作家。
i hope he will meet me at the airport我希望他能到机场接我。
i'm thinking of quitting the job我在考虑辞职。
i plan to learn photography我打算学摄影。
what do you say we have a party this weekend? 我们周末开个派对,你觉得怎么样?
she will certainly remain single她肯定会保持独身。
he will probably follow in his father's footsteps他可能会继承父业。
5、talking about dressing 谈论衣着
what will you wear for the party? 晚会上你穿什么?
i'll wear my blue dress我会穿我的兰色裙子。
don't you think it's too formal? 你不觉得太正式了吗?
why? what will you wear? 为什么?你会穿什么?
just my shirt and jeans我就穿衬衣和牛仔裤。
you should have your suit cleaned and ironed你应该把你的套装拿去洗烫一下。
you'd better put on your jacketit's cold outside你最好穿上夹克,外面冷。
the blouse no longer fits me这件衬衣不再合我身了。
my son has outgrown these trousers我儿子已经长的穿不了这条裤子了。
the shoes are worn-out这鞋已经不能穿了。
i don't like wearing the uniform我不喜欢穿制服。
do you want to change before the banquet? 宴会前你想换衣服吗?
your shoe lace is loose你的鞋带松了。
you forgot to fasten the collar buttons你忘了系鞋带。
take off your hatit doesn't fit取下你的帽子,它不适合你。
6、things that might have happened 可能发生的事
i would have had a much better holiday if i had stayed at home我要是呆在家里的话,假期会好过的多。
what have you been doing since i saw you last time?自从我上次见到你以后你都在干什么?
if i had got enough money yesterday, i would have bought that tape如果我昨天钱够的话,我就买了那盒磁带了。